Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Book Review!


Oh do I recommend this book! I still don't know how exactly to describe it other than.....it gives much to think about. And I am not even done reading it. What I like most about it is the information on its pages is accessible. The writer's style is clear and to the point. Just about all stats can be manipulated but I don't get that sense here. I agree with his thoughts on education. His analysis on what makes an athlete great are intriguing at best. It has given me lots to think about. 10 thousand hours here we come! If you have read it I would love to hear your thoughts. I had to wait two months to get a copy from the library, but now I think I will buy it. Papa Peep has to read this!

5 comments:

  1. Boy howdy did this book affect how I think about homeschooling. I LOVE Malcom Gladwell and love his writing.

    The 10,000 hours idea blew me away - really bringing home to me the need to fuel my kids's fires. And the chapter on mentoring and coaching sticks in my brain often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My partner loved that book, too, and my best friend. I should really read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog useful.
    http://superioreducationz.com
    Education Information

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog very useful and beneficial.The recommended book seems quiet interesting,I will read it.Thank you for your post.
    http://superioreducationz.com
    Education Information

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog useful.
    http://superioreducationz.com
    Education Information

    ReplyDelete